Monday, December 29, 2008

Citizen Beanstockd (Christmas) Longing for Bennifer, Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston


|11:23 | Gossips By : Team X

Merry Christmas from snowy Upstate New York! It’s good to know that few places are immune (at least it seems that way) to the effects of global warming.

So, did Santa provide you everything you wanted? It’s cool the things you get excited for my entire trip home was motivated by the prospect of doing free laundry.

Full loads only, of course.347, 348, 349… Oh hi, that’s how many times “How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days” has been on recently. (Yes, that’s one of the oldest ones in the book, but I’ll recycle any joke that makes its own succulent gravy.

It’s true though, the pinnacle of two careers Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson the movie shouldn’t even be considered a “guilty” pleasure anymore. It never got the Oscar recognition it deserves and I’m here to retroactively lobby for its kudos. I’m so glad the folks over at USA Network agree.

If you’ve ever bought a newspaper or magazine from a bus station, airport, or train depot, you probably bought it from a vendor known as Hudson News. Take a look at their plastic bags (but don’t take one). It’s a veritable trip down memory lane.

Featuring tabloid covers from five years ago, Brad Pitt’s still with Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson is still (relevant) with Nick Lachey. It makes me wish our little website was around back then. Can you imagine the eco-jokes we could have made at the expense of Bennifer?

Lastly, as our fearless Queen Bees would say: “OMG, BB, you’re so rexatron!” (The mechanical version of anorexia?) My family might agree. If their mission over Thanksgiving was to arrange for me an Asian bride, then this visit’s objective so far is to put more bacon on my bits.

First of all, I’m fine and I’m not pro-ana, I just live in New York and frequently employ the greenest of all modes of transport: the shoe leather express. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get drunk and jump in a Finger Lake.

No comments: